Your classical, enjoyable French Toast, only with fewer calories and a super easy way.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey (warmed in microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 loaf of sliced day old bread – slices about 3/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees (190 C).
- Whisk milk, half and half, eggs, honey and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Soak bread slices for 15 seconds on each side and transfer to a cooling rack (that is placed on top of a sheet pan to catch any drippings). Let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Spray some Pam in the pan and then heat a tablespoon of butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and cook French toast slices for 2-3 minutes on each side in batches.
- Transfer cooked slices to a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Check out other simple and great recipes for mothers’ day. Click here for more.