Baking and fun memories
Do you remember that old addictive, delicious smell of baking coming out of the kitchen in your parents’ house? Is there anyone who hasn’t helped their mom or dad in zestfully smashing those doughs and shaping them with excitement between their fingers?
All moms know that kids of all ages are interested in what goes on in the kitchen. Helping in the kitchen not only teaches kids about the process of cooking, but many other benefits: following a recipe (even if you are the one doing it), measuring, combining ingredients and applying to heat to create a delicious transformation. It’s messy and fun!
Baking is essential and we can prove it!
Here is a short list of the wisdom that gets passed on when kids cook:
1. Math Skills: Doubling a recipe requires addition (or multiplication) skills, halving it requires division, and recipe fractions like 1/2 cup and 3/4 teaspoon bring math applications into the kitchen. Often, kids don’t recognize they are practicing math!
2. Comprehension: Reading and understanding step-by-step directions, adding ingredients in sequence, and techniques such as folding and blending, are all important components to yielding the finished food product. Helping your child fine-tune his reading comprehension skills at the same time doesn’t hurt.
3. Real Life Science: Cooking is a science experiment. Too much salt, baking powder, not enough flour, or the wrong timing and you’re likely to have a flop on your hands. Cooking provides an opportunity for kids to get hands-on experience with basic science.
4. Self-Esteem: Cooking allows kids to get instant feedback, which helps them learn and grow in self-knowledge. Learning a new skill, such as baking or cooking, is known to help grade school children with healthy self-esteem development.
5. Communication: A relaxed atmosphere in the kitchen offers an opportunity to talk, about anything! Parents can take advantage of this, especially with teens, as communication is a key element to raising a well-adjusted, healthy child.
6. Life Skills: Cooking is a life skill, much like driving a car, learning to read, or swimming. As children grow and get closer to adulthood, the job of feeding becomes theirs. Start the cooking lessons at a young age so the transition to adult cook is easy later on.
Baking is truly an absolute fun time for the entire family, and specially with toddlers and elder siblings.
But do you always have the time to find the right recipe for kids? Did you know that there is a dedicated shop that can make your life easier, saves your time and provides you with tons of fun times?
Check out this epic concept of BAKE ‘N CAKE!
BAKE ‘N CAKE has made cooking with your kids easier.
If you have no time to think about recipes or to go to the grocery stores than BAKE ‘N CAKE is what you need. BAKE ‘N CAKE is a fun and delicious activity for kids ‘n parents with a great treat afterwards. Monthly themed subscription boxes will be delivered to your doorstep (you can also order a one off as well) with a surprise recipe and all the non-perishable ingredients inside. The recipes are designed for kids and are fun, easy and delicious.
BAKE ‘N CAKE recently launched a new product as well, The Birthday Party Box: a cupcake decoration activity for all kids at birthday parties. Each child will receive its own surprise box with cupcakes and decoration material in order to create the most beautiful cupcakes. It is a fun activity to do and parents can relax at the side.