Ragi is one the richest kinds of grains that includes fatty acids, essential amino acids, non-essential minerals, vitamins, fibre and protein.
Thus, Ragi is considered as an excellent source of nutrition because contains the elements needed by the body, especially for the little ones. It is also free of gluten, which causes allergic reactions to children as well as adults.
Check out this delicious and easy Ragi Porridge recipe that you can cook any day for your child.
- Wash Ragi thoroughly and put them under sun for drying.
- You can keep the dried grains in a jar for later use too.
- Soak the required amount of Ragi seeds overnight (quantity is your choice, 3 tablespoon would be enough for a 1 year old).
- The next day drain them and put them under the sun for drying.
- The more they dry, the easier it is to crush them.
- Grind the seeds in a mixer well with little water.
- With the help of a strainer, extract the juice only after grinding, it would be a white coloured porridge.
- Boil this with required quantity of water till it thickens and becomes shiny.
- Make sure you keep stirring else it can get burnt.
- After it thickens, add sugar and a tablespoon of milk.
- Mix well and serve in ‘spoonable’ consistency.
This delicious recipe is contributed by Jaseera Coticollon